Sunday, November 22, 2009

Europe Internet Fail

Europe is where American computers come to die. As of this morning, all 3 Bentley laptops in Austria were infected with a virus. This means, that to check my email, facebook, the news, etc I have to get on the subway and take the 20 minute long ride to school. Today is the first day I have ever been to the computer lab on a Sunday. The computer lab here is like Fort Knox.

To get into the building you have to use your ID code and pin. Then, you go downstairs to another card scanner. Once you scan your card and enter the pin, you stand inside two glass doors on a pressure pad. It scans you, beeps, and then you enter the room leading to the computers. Before you can get the computers, you have to put your things into a locker. After all of these steps, I can check my email. It is pretty ridiculous. Especially because the computers in here are old, not really worth stealing. The computer I am currently using has a German/Russian keyboard. I have a 6 page essay to write on this keyboard. Basic punctuation marks are scatterred across the keyboard, and the z and y button are swapped. My hard drive has been stuck in the New York customs office for over 2 weeks now, so the chances of me having my cp back in Austria is looking slim :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background Template

Counter